**Please note that due to the size of our products they are difficult to deliver, due to this it can result in some minor scuffs to the underside of your boat - nothing more than what would happen during first use. If you wish to avoid this then please feel free to contact us about collecting the item.**
What is the difference between a Canoe and a Kayak?
The main differences are:
- Normally a canoe is paddled with a single-bladed paddle. The boat is usually ‘open’ to the elements (although you can get 'closed' cockpit canoes) and the paddler usually paddles in a kneeling or sitting position
- In a Sit In kayak, the paddler is seated inside a cockpit and usually uses a double bladed paddle to manoeuvre. Kayaks also give the option to use a spray deck, which stops water entering the cockpit
- In a Sit on Top Kayak, the same is true but the paddler is usually sat on top of the kayak, more open to the elements and uses a backrest
Can we visit your store to view the boats?
- Viewing our boats is currently available by appointment only. We understand choosing the correct kayak/canoe can be tricky, so please give us a call with any questions and we will be happy to help.
- We are open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri and during these hours there will be a member of staff from CKD on hand to help you.
- Please be aware that CKD is shut over the weekend and bank holidays.
Do your products come with a warranty?
- All of our products have a manufacturing warranty. Duration of the warranty is dependent on length offered by the manufacturer. Minimum length of any warranty is six (6) months.
I have a question about repairs / a spare part. Can you help?
- We have good stocks of all spare parts and can advise on any repairs you may need to perform. Please get in touch if the need should arise.
Why do you need my phone number when ordering?
- We ask customers for their phone number as it is required by our couriers when we're shipping large items such as kayaks, canoes or paddles. All contact telephone numbers are only used for delivery purposes and are destroyed after use. Failure to provide a contact telephone number at the time of purchase may result in delivery delays
When will I receive my order?
- We aim to get your order shipped out on the same day if your purchase is completed before 10am, if not it will be the following day. We pay for a 24 hour delivery service but due to the large size of some of our boats there is a chance of delay. This can also depend on your location and other external factors such as bad weather, bank holidays and high demand periods like Christmas. For this reason we would always recommend allowing 3-5 days for your item to arrive before contacting us but if you haven't received your item within this time frame please get in touch with us. Please note deliveries of boats can take place up until 6pm weekdays only. We cannot offer weekend delivery.
- For more information visit our 'Delivery & Charges' page
What about smaller items?
- Smaller items are usually dispatched the same day. All Royal Mail and Parcelforce parcels will come in your normal post and FedEx deliver weekdays only up until 6pm.
Can I track my delivery?
Your order will be updated with tracking information as soon as we dispatch and have the relevant information. Unfortunately we cannot offer tracking on larger items such as boats.
The boat I've received looks different to what I ordered?
- Please bear in mind that our boats are handmade and due to the manufacturing process the colour splits and patterns can vary from the pictures shown as all are unique.
My question isn't answered here
- If you require any more information, please call us on 01246 866 800 or alternatively you can email us at email@example.com.